Monday, September 22, 2014

Ballet

Felicity started ballet on Friday!  She is so cute, she was kind of the worst one there but it wasn't a big contest.  She is the youngest, probably, as you are supposed to be three and she won't be three for a month, so I don't feel too bad.  Veronica started in January when she was going to be five in May, so she was younger but she and Felicity are, ahem, different personality types, so Felicity was a little bad.  There is a new teacher, of course, and I don't envy her coming in to a new position where the person who had the last position was so well loved, but she seemed fine.  After class I said I hope Felicity did okay and that she could come back, and the teacher said "I have lots of experience with little girls, we will be fine!", so that was good.

She had a rough week, she is still on antibiotics, but it's been okay.  Yesterday Anthony woke her up in the morning and boy oh BOY was she grumpy in the afternoon.  My sister Laura was here and we couldn't get over how bad she was.  Chocolate milk in my water bottle!, she kept screaming and I tried for a long time to tell her no, we have milk in a cup, water in a water bottle, but I thought she'd explode from anger so I just gave her the milk and she fell asleep about two seconds later.  You should have seen her face, drinking that milk.  She was furiously sucking on the bottle but getting no joy from it, dirty looking me the whole time.  Then she woke up kind of roughly but honestly by Sunday afternoon, we just all try and push through.  She was pretty good in church, she is getting better all the time.  She's ridiculous, of course, Veronica and I went to the bathroom and she came and there was fan there and she refused to leave it.  WINDY!, she was yelling, so I sent Veronica back and stayed with her for a minute so she could enjoy the breeze.

Today she is at school, Mike dropped her off and he said she didn't even pretend to say goodbye, just ran in the room and didn't look back.  I told Mike we are lucky, she has never had one hard time about me leaving her. She goes there three days a week, Thursdays we can go to the library and Friday she has ballet so hopefully we will have a good fall and winter, keeping nice and busy.  Here's a cute picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment