Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Almost three

Felicity is almost three and she is super, super cute lately.  When she wants ice cream, she says she wants to go to the Ice Cream Station.  She calls applesauce applesop.  This morning I made her some toast and put butter on it and she came over and stuck her finger in it and said YUCK, I do not like peanut butter, Mommy!  I said it's not peanut butter, it's just butter and she said OKAY and ate it.  She cracks me up.

She is driving Maria crazy at night.  On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday she goes to preschool and she takes a nap and then she is wide awake at night, while Maria and Veronica do not nap or even rest, so they are ready to go to sleep and Felicity is roaming the room, bugging them.  She used to bug Veronica but now she is bugging Maria and that stinks for ME because now Maria is bugging ME about it!  Two nights ago, we said Maria could sleep in Felicity's old room, in my parents' bed, and now she wants to sleep in there every night.  But Veronica doesn't want to be stuck in their room without Maria and so she is miserable.  Last night, Felicity was bugging and bugging Maria but Veronica had fallen asleep, so I let Maria sleep in the other room.  There are three beds in their room, a bunk bed and then a single twin bed and guess where Felicity wants to sleep?  That's right.  In the top bunk - a place to where she can climb UP but not DOWN.  It's all very annoying and it makes me hate the night time but I remember from Veronica being this age that it won't last forever.

Felicity is now the age that Maria was when we moved into this house, which just seems crazy, right?  She is not doing that great with the potty, and by that I mean she is just not doing anything.  I'm sure something will click, I just hope it's soon.  She is doing very, very well everywhere else, she marches right into preschool, she is playing with other kids, Anthony isn't bugging her as much.  So things are good, even if she is kind of annoying.

On Sunday, we went to see my niece Moira play soccer, which is something the girls really like to do, so I took Felicity.  She was the worst one there, she kept messing with the one net and getting her feet stuck, but she wasn't terrible.  My brother and sister in law were there and introduced me to their friends, the parents of Moira's good friend.  Anyway, the dad told me that for him and his (measly) two kids, three was MUCH worse than two.  I wanted to say are you kidding me?  Are you so compelled to be a bossy know it all that you are going to tell me, the mother of FOUR kids, about two or three and how the threes can be TERRIBLE?  I mean, I've heard that!  But I didn't say anything, I just said that my kids are pretty rough babies and for me, they just get better as they get older.  And then I silently said, so shut it, ha!

Here's a cute picture of Felicity in the bathtub.  She never wants to get out and last night she was putting bubbles all over her face and yelling at me to BLOW THEM UP!   BLOW THEM UP, MOMMY!


No comments:

Post a Comment