Monday, February 6, 2012

Seventeen Weeks

It just now occurred to me, at 10:00 at night, that she's 17 weeks today.  I didn't take her picture, as she is sick and has been a real pill.  My arms are so sore from holding her I can't stand it.  Every time she is sick, I think what do people do when their kids are chronically ill?  I am such a wuss, I can't stand to hear her cry, she screams like a banshee when she throws up, it's just awful, it's the worst, I think.  And then I think, no, not the worst.  The worst gets a lot worse.  And then I feel like a big baby and a demon besides.

But it's hard.  My house is a mess with just ONE day of her being sick.  My hair is getting really long but it's so short that instead of growing down it grows out and I look like an old, female, Justin Bieber.  I can never go to get it cut, though.  The place is only open so that it takes the last appointment at 7:00, and that's bedtime.  I am working on Saturday nights and it's hard enough on Mike to put them all to bed one night a week, I think, I can't get another night to go get my hair cut.  I think maybe I could find a babysitter for Felicity when I have the other three in school but who?  And how will she be?  Because she is pretty bad for everyone but me, still.  I'm going to buy some headbands, is what I'm saying, ha!

Anyways, say a prayer that she is better soon.  Dr. Pakistan (I don't know his name from he's from Pakistan, he's SO GREAT) at the Urgent Care said it's viral and keep her humidifier on, so we are.  We're trying but it took forever to put her to bed tonight, last night she was up all night and I'm afraid we'll have a repeat, so I have to go to bed.

BUT.  Outside of the sickness, she is doing great.  She is holding up her head so well and she is putting her hands together and meeting other milestones.  She is happy when she's happy and she's starting to really vocalize, it's fun as hell.  She's our good girl and hopefully she will get better soon and get back to normal.  Also her ears were fine!  Miracle!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear =(!!! It is still hard to have a sick baby, even if you have hope that she will be better soon! Hang in there!

    Also, I'm sure someone would LOVE to watch her for you; she's at that perfect, fuzzy-headed, smiley age. I wish I could volunteer; children #2-5 and I LOVE babies =)!

    ReplyDelete