Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sleepy

This was taken at the lactation consultant's office last week. I drove over there and she was wide awake. The hospital parking lot was PACKED, I had to wait for a space like it was the mall on Black Friday or some bs. I finally got one far, far away from the door and it was super cold and windy, so I ran her in with that blanket over her. I was waiting for the admitting girl to take me and this old bag cut her eyes at me and she said "is that baby SICK?" and I said, no, she's fine, she's just fussy because of course she was crying. And she said, my granddaughter was sick but she had COLIC. And I thought what do you think this baby has, you dummy? But whatever, I said, it's challenging, that's for sure. She said "I was afraid she was SICK!". I was so mad! First of all, it was a HOSPITAL, I mean, what do you expect? And second of all, stop saying it! And third of all, I wanted to go over to get right up in her face and say, the baby's not sick, but guess who is? ME! And then I wanted to cough in her face and lick her eyeballs. Ha, but I didn't.

Jeez, that is not the point of this picture. Apparently, the sign in process took it out of our sweet Felicity because we got up there and I laid her down to take her outfit off to weigh her and she was OUT like a LIGHT. Nobody of mine has ever laid down like this with their arms above their head. I always think it's so cute and I never have seen any of mine do it. So I took it as a sign from God that maybe I couldn't have a fourth baby who could nurse and who would stop screaming but at least I could have this one moment where she looked so happy and rested.

I don't know if it's true or not, but that's my story.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment