Tuesday, November 15, 2011

News

Felicity is gaining weight, she was 10 lbs., 12 oz. this morning.  It's all from the formula I guess.  I am still sick so I don't know if it will be better when I get better.  I went to the doctor yesterday and he told me that I could use the neti pot and he gave me a prescription for a nasal spray - he said I have bad sinusitis.  So.  That stinks.  There is nothing I can take because I am breastfeeding, and it seems so STUPID because the fact that I am breastfeeding her isn't helping her at all.  Someone recommended that I just quit but I can't, yet.  I mean, I intended to do it for a year.  I don't want to buy a year full of formula.  I don't want to have her be the fourth and the only one that I didn't breastfeed.  She has it bad enough, I don't want her feelings to be hurt because I didn't try hard enough with her.

Although why I care about her feelings I don't know.  I am sitting in my room with the stupid VACUUM running, with her in the sling.  I had to come up and vacuum the upstairs because a) it was dirty, what with every ninny in this house dropping whatever the hell where they are and b) she has been EXTREMELY fussy.  Now that I'm vacuuming and working hard and my head is killing me though, she is happy and sleeping.  Irony, thy name is parenting.

1 comment:

  1. Joanne, I've been thinking about you the last few days. I hope things are going better. Sinuses settlling, babies fattening up, less yelling. Healing and happy house. If you feel the need to send the big girls 3 hrs north, I'll take them and they can compete with Ted to see who is the loudest for a couple days. :)

    ReplyDelete