Monday, July 22, 2013

Last but not Least

I updated all the other blogs today and I want to do Felicity's, but I was just looking at the last entry and I only have more of the same to say!

Last week we went to the pool and there was a lot of areas where Felicity could go, 6" of water, 1.5' of water, etc.  I was there with my friend Jill so she watched Maria and Veronica while I took Felicity on the lazy river.  It was so nice, just us in a tube, floating away on a magical river of beautiful water, except Felicity screamed the entire way.  At one point, we went under a rush of water and BOY was she mad!  Nooooo!, she yelled, so we got out halfway.

It's hard for her, I think.  I think she doesn't seem to like it when she's not steady on her feet.  She doesn't like to be splashed.  I think these things are true but how would I know?  I wish she talked more!  I know!  I know I complain about them not talking more until they start talking and THEN I complain that they are talking too much but what can you do?  I would just like them to talk, but not too much, and not too insistently, is that too much to ask?  Apparently.

You know, I think she's okay.  I think she seems engaged and GOD KNOWS she points at stuff but the other day she sort of popped up on her toes and Mike said, why is she walking on her toes?, we immediately panic for a second.

Anyways.  She's doing fine, she's been to the pool a lot, she doesn't nap as much as she should, she still is screeching a lot.  She's funny and cute most of the time, really.  She's a good eater, she asks for milk when she wants milk and water when she wants water, that's good, right?  I wish we could just fast forward to this time next year, I swear it.  The thought of not changing any diapers is very, very intriguing.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, no diapers! Lovely thought right, and a money saver too!

    It seems like she can indicate what she wants and communicate pretty well. Her receptive language is solid?

    ReplyDelete