Saturday, May 5, 2012

Saturday

I'm in my room, stealthily typing away while Felicity naps.  Lately what I do is, try to give her a bottle and she bats at me in the face and kicks me in the stomach while she takes it.  Then she finishes and indicates that by thrashing around and trying to sit up.  So I am pretty sick of her and I take her upstairs and try to rock her until she pushes out of my arms and then I lay her down in the crib and say "good luck!" and I leave.  She cries but not for long and I don't feel too bad because my face is stills smarting from where she pinched me and smacked me.  It's a win win!

She is really getting better about going to sleep on her own.  Any day now I'm going to start putting her in her crib.  My friend Rose gave me her bassinet and I am going to give it back to her just in time for her garage sale, ha!

She will be seven months old on the tenth, she is doing just fine, I'd say.  She's sitting up some, eating some puffs and some apples and some banana and some applesauce and pureed fruit from the spoon.  She's mostly sleeping all night, but she goes to bed later than I'd like.  I think it's impossible to change, though, as she has a rough nap schedule.  She is happy and sweet and she goes back for her one month checkup on the 15th of May and as long as things stay the same, it will be her first month without an ear infection, ever.  So that's pretty big, right?  I am actually getting a little teary typing that.  This poor little baby, she's been through it already.  I hope her second six months are nice and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment