Monday, June 2, 2014

Joy of Parenting

The other day I saw a picture on Instagram, a blogger I like, who has a baby just a little older than Felicity, was saying how great two is.  How two is her jam.  And other people commented and said oh, them too, wasn't two the BOMB?  DOT COM?  Wasn't it just so great?  And I think - no!  No it is not that great!  And then I think is it me?  It probably is, it probably is just me and my family, because on its face, it should be great. Felicity talks a lot and she is super fun and funny and cute.  Her hair is getting longer and she is the first of my kids to have a little curl to her hair.  She is adorable and funny and smart and, important only to me, seems FINE in the talking/typical behavior department.

But she is also the devil and that is the truth.  She is crazy and here's how.  Yesterday we went upstairs to get ready for church and I held out her cute Easter dress.  I know better than to show her anything involving pants, she only wears dresses.  So I held out this dress and she said, NO!  That is TOO SMALL!  I wanna THISDRESS!  But that dress was Maria's and it was way too big on Maria - it's a size EIGHT!  I said no, Fifi, that is too big, you'll fall down and she said I WANNA WEAR A DRESS!  THAT DRESS!  So I put it on her and she wore it to church, she looked like a lunatic and I'm sure I looked like one too. She was her usual bad self at church, but it was all heightened because she was wearing that ridiculous dress and kept falling down and crying to ME about it.

The thing is, I think she thinks she is Maria's age, I think she really thinks that dress in a 3T would be too small on her, but my question is, then why doesn't she want to go on the toilet like Maria does?  She saves her loudest and most obnoxious NOs for when I innocently ask, do you want to go on the potty?  I mean, she doesn't want to wear clothes or a diaper, and she thinks she's six years old, so wouldn't you naturally think she wants to go to the toilet?  You might think that, but you'd be wrong.

Here's some cute pictures, so we can all forget how crazy she makes a person, and we will all think two is awesome, too, maybe.




1 comment:

  1. I wanted to be sure you'd seen this entry, it's nice to have co - http://www.conversiondiary.com/2014/05/7-quick-takes-about-spicy-ebooks-awesome-twitter-bios-getting-foot-jacked-and-other-reasons-why-its-not-going-by-so-fast.html

    ReplyDelete