Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Old

Today I was reading Twitter and some women were talking about how if they were younger when they started, maybe they'd have more.  One woman said that she wasn't YOUNG when she started, and she still had four.  That woman?  Was 27.  TEN YEARS YOUNGER than I was when I had Anthony.  Sometimes it is so hard to be so damned old and have all these kids, but not in the way that you'd think.  I mean, I am 44, so I am not, like, infirm or anything.  I am probably grumpier and more impatient than if I were 34 or 24 or whatever, but nothing makes me feel old like people talking about how they were kind of old when the age to which they are referring is like TEN years younger than the age I was when I started this mess.

Sometimes I think what am I doing?  How can I have a little baby and be this old?  I am trying to be younger, I am trying to sleep enough and exercise enough and eat well but man.  I am also OLD and SET IN MY WAYS.  So anyways, I'm sorry, Felicity, if your mother is so old.  I'm sorry that people will probably be like 'how nice that Felicity's grandmother brings her to school' when she is in Kindergarten.  Maybe (I'm hatching a plan here) I'll just start saying I'm her grandmother.  Then at least I'll seem YOUNG for my STATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment