Thursday, August 4, 2016

Scribbly

We have been to the pool so much this summer!  Too much, in my opinion, but what do I know?  I'm just an easily burned old lady.  Last Wednesday we tried to go to the pool at the JCC but the kids' pool was closed, which leaves practically no point to go, because then everyone goes to the deeper pool and we all stand around floating and it's like after the Titanic sank but not as cold.  So we went to a city park pool and I got the sunburn of my LIFE.  It's eight days later and it's just now getting better.  Anyway, my point is we went Wednesday and I got burned and then we went Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, oy! Thank God I'm back to work so I'm spared this week.  

I wanted to record that Felicity says that her fingers are getting "scribbly" when she means water logged.  It's super cute.  She will stay in the pool forever, but she's not above getting out and wrapping up in a towel to warm up for a while.  She is no kind of swimmer, still, but I think I will take her for lessons this winter and get her ready for next year.  She is so much better in the water this year than she was last year, willing to get her face wet, willing to let me take her where her feet can't touch the bottom.  I think she'll be fine.  Scribbly.  Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment