Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Day 1 of Lent

Today I was in church for Ash Wednesday, which, by the way, is NOT a holy day of obligation but which Mike was saying today he bets is the third most widely attended day in the Catholic church, after Easter and Christmas.  He's probably right but why?  Why do people go on Ash Wednesday and not another day all during Lent until Easter, or not on Sundays?  Is it to get ashes?  Or do people honestly think they are going to give it a go and try to get back to the Sacraments?  I don't know, I am trying to think better of people so I will reluctantly say yes, that's it.

Another thing I was thinking of doing for Lent is what I started to say up there, which is that I was in church today and I thought maybe I'll write a blog post about one of the kids every day.  I used to do a feature on their blogs called What's So Great About _________ and maybe I'll bring it back for Lent.  Because it's so easy to get bogged down in the awfulness of life, when, like today it is 14 degrees out and tomorrow the HIGH is ZERO degrees, and Anthony comes home and takes off his pants and poops on the floor, I thought maybe I should concentrate on how great they are, at least for Lent.  Who knows, maybe it will renew my faith in my vocation.

Anyway, I thought I would start with Felicity because she is the hardest to like all the time.  Today at preschool she fell asleep for naptime, but late, so she was still sleeping when Mike went to get her and she screamed like she was on FIRE when Mike brought her home without stopping at Dairy Queen.  So.  Without further adieu or talking MORE bad stuff about her, I present, What's So Great About Felicity.


  • She is super cute.  Her hair is getting really long and she is the only one out of the four who has any kind of curl to her hair.  
  • She loves to play games, especially hide and seek.  It's easy to play with her, you just have to count to 10 and yell here I come! and then she will bring herself to you.  
  • She loves to sing songs and she has a great memory.  The other night she sang a "crying version" of Itsy Bitsy Spider where she cried all the way through it, kind of big boo-hooing, ig was hilarious.  She loves to make faces, sad, mad, funny, silly, happy.  
  • Her preschool teachers love her, especially her main teacher.  She's always asking if she can do an extra day per week.  
  • She is the only one who has ever slept in and even though she hardly does anymore, I know she is at least capable of it.  
  • She loves to cuddle and 'take a hug' as she calls it.  
  • She seems super smart, she has an excellent memory.
  • She's polite, she is always about the thank you (fanks!) and please (puh-wease!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment