Thursday, October 3, 2013

Three Things on Thursday

Felicity has had like three more Tuesdays at preschool, maybe four, but I haven't written anything.  Can you believe she will be TWO years old next week?  Unreal.  It hasn't gone fast, really, but man it seems like a long time ago that she was born.  I can barely remember being in the hospital with her.  Remember when Maria came to visit and she was so cute?  She wore her special dressy dress?  Memories, light the corners of my mind...Ha!

Okay, three things about Old Girl for Thursday:

  • She has been doing just great at preschool - beyond great, wonderful.  I was so worried after that first day when her teacher said she wasn't falling in line and that she was NOTHING like Veronica.  I thought oh Lord, what will I do if she won't every get it?  Then of course the next Tuesday she was great, and it's been wonderful ever since.  She eats all of her lunch, she takes a nap every day, she plays with the other kids, just terrific!  I am such a Gloomy Gert, I try so hard to have low expectations, and in this case they paid off, I am thrilled and proud.  I miss her on Tuesdays but I always exercise, I go to the grocery, it is wonderful.  
  • She is in with the girls now and it's going okay.  She cries a little, sometimes, but never for long.  The saddest part about all of it is that she wakes up very early now.  She used to sleep until 8:00 regularly and now she is always up with those loud and noisy sisters of hers.  She is not a great napper, still, she only napped for one hour today, but overall she is doing fine, sleep wise.  
  • She is talking a lot but she still refuses to say "two" or "gonna be two" when I ask her how old she'll be on her birthday.  I'm not worried about her, which is a great relief to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment