Thursday, January 24, 2013

Magical Age

This is the worst age.  I mean, I don't even know what the worst age is but this one is pretty bad.  Felicity is 15.5 months and the climbing!  The teething!  The not great sleeping!  The SHRIEKING.  OH LORD THE SHRIEKING.  Just today I feel like it's started in earnest - like before she was shrieking sometimes, in the way that babies do when they are just discovering their voices, but now, today, she is shrieking in a very demanding and very LOUD way.  It's 8:29 and I put her to bed at around 7:40 and my ears are still kind of ringing.

I was telling her tonight when I was rocking her, I'm sorry.  I mean it, I am really sorry.  I am MUCH more wrung out by her than I was with the others.  I'm older, there are so many more of them, it's just - I am awful with her, sometimes.  We're having some work done on the kitchen so Felicity and I have had to be out of the house for the last two days and it has been ROUGH.  I feel like I've taken her in and out of that car seat 200 times in the last two days.

I took the girls out to lunch today and she was hungry, starving, like a crazy person.  I couldn't SHOVEL that applesauce in her face fast enough to stop her from screaming.  We are in public!, I kept telling her!  CUT IT OUT!

She is hilarious and adorable and also she is driving me crazy.  By the end of the day, I am so sick of her and then she is VERY cute, which helps.  She is cute in the bath and cute when I put lotion on her. Mmmmmmm, she says, which is just adorable.  She was jamming her bottle in my mouth tonight - it just has water in it, she doesn't get milk bottles anymore, which is another thing that is making her mad.  Anyways, she was jamming the bottle in my mouth, offering it to me and I said "mmmmm thank you!" and she was laughing in this super cute, barely amused way.  She kills me and she also kills me.  And she is probably killing me.  Ha!

Waaaah!  

1 comment:

  1. amen sister... sometimes i treat shepherd like he should know better...and one is hard... so unreasonable, sloppy and needy. ugh.

    ReplyDelete